Blending theory with practice, ‘managing people in emergencies’ will help you understand the fundamentals of people management and develop competencies to help you become a more effective manager.
- The role of the manager
- Human resources in emergencies
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Negotiation skills
- Introduction to performance management
- Leadership and managing conflict
- Individual reflection and action planning
The course will be facilitated by two trainers who have extensive experience in the humanitarian sector. They have an excellent mix of academic and field experience.
It is a face to face training and the training is facilitated in an inclusive and participatory manner with much of the learning conducted in an interactive manner.
The course is aimed at humanitarian personnel responsible for managing others, and is best suited for participants who are new to managerial roles or have management experience, but without any formal training. Participants should be interested in exploring management theory and accessing new tools and techniques to fulfill their management role successfully.
If you are interested in attending the course please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest or to ask any questions you may have.
- Band A: Individuals and those funding themselves £150
- Band B: Those working for organisations £250
Read the full RedR UK terms and conditions.