Please be aware that this is a past event.
Proposal and report writing serve important functions in humanitarian agencies and are common and necessary tasks for staff in various levels and roles throughout the organisation. Nevertheless, writing proposals and reports can be challenging. The ability of NGOs to deliver aid is dependent on their access to funds, and the quality of project proposals determines whether or not funds are ultimately received. Reports must analyse the information that is presented, draw consistent conclusions, and make sensible and practical recommendations, otherwise they risk falling short of their objective.
It is essential for the operation of humanitarian programmes that organisations have the capacity to design, write and deliver high quality project proposals and reports. This course will focus on aspects that make proposals effective and successful and will introduce participants to best practices in proposal writing and help them to develop the knowledge and skills needed to improve their efficacy in writing, presenting and defending proposals. It will also cover report writing and will equip you with skills and techniques to write clear and engaging reports that encourage the reader to take action on your recommendations.
*For those whose course fee is not being paid by their organisation we do offer a discretionary discount. For more information please contact: email@example.com.
What does the course cover
- Elements of proposals and reports: structure and components
- Tools for planning and preparation
- Formal and informal reporting
- Identifying proposal purpose and understanding donor requirements
- Writing skills, including language, layout, format, structure, flow and finishing
- Common mistakes and best practices
By the end of the course you will
- List the components of a proposal and organise them in a logical flow
- Explain what makes proposals effective
- Use tools, such as the log frame, to design proposals with clear logic
- Adapt proposals to fit donor requirements, preferences and guidelines
- Write clear proposals using appropriate language, layout, format and structure
Produce effective reports
- Identify common problems in reporting, learning concepts and principles on writing reports
Tailor a report to a target audience
How much does the course cost
Standard organisation – £726.00
Refer a friend
You and a friend/colleague each receive 25% off your course fee, when booking on the same course.*
Receive 10% off the course fee when booking at least 1 month before the start of the course.*
RedR UK is committed to making our courses accessible to any organisation, regardless of size. There are 2 Scholarship places available on all UK-run courses, which cover the full course fee cost.
For organisations looking to book 3 or more participants onto the same course, RedR can offer flexible fee options. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Who should attend
The training is aimed at programme officers, managers, and other humanitarian staff whose roles involve producing proposals and reports for their organisation.