Please be aware that this is a past event.
MSF Scientific Day 2013 will take place on 10th May at the Royal Society of Medicine, London, UK and will be streamed live online on the MSF website.
- The keynote speech by international health expert, co-founder of the Gapminder Foundation and TED talks alumnus Hans Rosling on the synergy and conflict between research and advocacy. This will be followed by a panel discussion on the impact of MSF’s research.
- Treatment in conflict and emergency settings including TB in Somalia and hepatitis E in South Sudan
- New approaches to preventing malaria in Mali and Chad, cholera vaccination in an outbreak in Guinea, and preventing malnutrition in Niger by cash transfer and food supplementation
- Challenges for MSF including the introduction of a medical error reporting system and parenteral artesunate for severe malaria
- The role of social media and health looking at the effect of MDR-TB patients blogging about their experiences
Visit the agenda page for full programme details
The event is full but everyone can still take part by watching the live stream online.