Please be aware that this is a past event.
The two-day course provides an overview of coordination mechanisms in the humanitarian sector and introduces participants to communication and leadership tactics to operate within this sphere.
- Humanitarian coordination and formation of the cluster system
- Overview of the system in-country
- Define the competencies needed for coordination within and across technical sectors
- Analyse the core functions of coordination
- Look at ways to ensure a service-oriented approach to aid
- Decision making for coordinators and prioritisation of activities in response
- Communication for leadership in collaborative settings.
- Simulation exercise of a coordination meeting which allows participants to test their skills and knowledge of the system
The course will be facilitated by two trainers who have extensive experience in the humanitarian sector. They have an excellent mix of academic and field experience.
It is a face to face training and the training is facilitated in an inclusive and participatory manner with much of the learning conducted in an interactive way.
The course is aimed at those who are new to the sector or who are looking to develop their knowledge of coordination as well as their communication and leadership tactics. It would also be useful for those who haven’t worked within the cluster system or who are looking to improve interagency coordintion.
If you are interested in attending the course please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest or to ask any questions you may have.
- Band A: Individuals and those funding themselves £150
- Band B: Those working for organisations £250
Read the full RedR UK terms and conditions.