A five-day training course on community based disaster risk reduction has been designed to improve the capacity of specialist and non-specialist professionals in the domain of disaster risk reduction. The overall aim of the course is to introduce participants on the scope of disaster preparedness strategy and associated aspects, thus generating a locally appropriate and locally owned strategy for disaster preparedness and risk reduction.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts underlying CBDRR in the context of the Disaster Management Cycle.
- Carry out the Participatory Facilitation of Hazard, Vulnerabilities, Capacity and Risk Assessment.
- Undertake Stakeholder Analysis of Communities.
- Understand Global and National Level Frameworks guiding CBDRR.
- Understand key elements of Comprehensive Disaster Risk Reduction and Actions.
Who can participate?
- Provincial administrators and government officials
- Mid-level managers and practitioners of CSOs
- Individuals who are interested in designing and implementing people-centered DRR programs
- Emergency Response or Management Specialists in aid work
- DRR and emergency staff of CSOs, UN and CSR foundations