Conflict is an inevitable part of our lives but how we view it and how we deal with it can turn it from being an unpleasant experience into one where we learn and grow. The underlying factors that cause conflicts are usually in place long before the outbreak of violence. It is the escalation in particular that in most cases turns a peaceful situation, into destructive and deadly conflict.
Conflict, being an inevitable part of our lives, means that almost on a day to day everyone deals with one form of conflict or the other. As such, the training is meant for anyone dealing with conflict resolution, conflict managers, project managers, people dealing with peace maintenance, community members, negotiators etc.
Upon course completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify causes of conflict
- Describe how diversity and differences can be harnessed
- Demonstrate strategies that avoid escalation of conflict
- Demonstrate techniques to show empathy and rapport
- Problem solve quickly and effectively
- Handle customer complaints appropriately
- Negotiate a successful outcome
The training can also be customised for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.