This one-day workshop is an essential introduction for anyone interested in a career in the humanitarian sector. You will hear first hand experiences from individuals who have been involved in humanitarianism, learn about the nature of humanitarian relief, and look at the skills you have to bring to the sector.
You will also have the chance to go through the application process for the humanitarian sector, learning about where to apply, and what kind of skills are in demand. HR professionals from the humanitarian sector will help you adapt your CV and existing skills to match humanitarian language. The course will also advise you on further routes of study to inform your career as an aid worker.
What does the course cover?
- The disaster cycle
- Codes and standards in humanitarianism
- Humanitarianism in practice
- The humanitarian sector
- CV-writing for the humanitarian sector
- Employment, volunteering, internship, and training resources and opportunities
- Personal stories and experience.
Click here for the full course agenda.