The four-day course will develop a holistic understanding of the rationale and structure of the latest Sphere standards. This training is designed to provide a clear understanding of the minimum standards, indicators, and key actions to be undertaken in the domains of WASH, food security and nutrition, shelter and settlement, and health. With this training course, it is expected that the participants’ capacity to understand and apply the Sphere standards in humanitarian and DRR decision making and project implementation will be further enhanced. The training will also deal with the practicalities of implementing Sphere in humanitarian response.
What is the focus of this course?
- Orientation on the philosophy and approach of the Sphere project.
- Building understanding of the relationship between Sphere, Humanitarian Charter, and Rights-Based Programming.
- Linkages and differences between Sphere minimum standards, key indicators, key actions, and guidance notes.
- Building understanding of the Core Humanitarian standards and their linkages with technical interventions across all stages of the project cycle.
- Usage of standards and indicators (from each technical chapter) for an effective humanitarian response.
Who is this course meant for?
- Individuals engaged in the humanitarian sector and disaster risk reduction.
- Individuals interested in working in the humanitarian sector and disaster risk reduction.
- Agency programme and operation staff working in the humanitarian aid sector.
Who will conduct this course?
RedR India’s standard Sphere Training Module will be used in the training by our experienced trainers. The module has been developed like all other training modules of RedR India, keeping global standards and practices in consideration. The training will be conducted by trainers with vast experience in relief work and the humanitarian sector, where they have applied Sphere in practice.
Residential fee: ₹40000/$570 (includes tuition fees, breakfast, lunch, dinner, refreshments during training, and shared accommodation, room to be shared by two participants). Non-residential fee: ₹26000/$370 (includes tuition fees, lunch, and refreshments during training).
Special rates: ₹19000/$270 (available on request for students and small organizations). The course fee is inclusive of applicable taxes in India. Base currency for RedR India is INR. All the billing will be in INR, with equivalent USD/GBP or other currency rates prevailing at the time of billing being applicable. Single occupancy rooms can be made available on request and with additional cost.