This fully residential course is an intensive, dynamic hostile environment awareness training (HEAT) where you will discuss, learn and apply approaches and measures to improve your personal security when living and working in insecure environments. Personal Security for Humanitarians has been designed specifically from an NGO perspective to provide the most relevant and challenging training for NGO workers.Essential theory learned in the classroom will immediately be put into practice in real-life simulation exercises.
What does the course cover?
- Gender and security
- Context assessment with a focus on urban contexts
- Assessing risk
- Threat and vulnerability
- Developing security strategies
- Security planning
- Radio,Field and Emergency communications
- Stress management
- Coping with sexual violence
- Vehicles and travel security
- Abduction Detention and kidnap with a focus on sexual violence
- Evacuation planning and procedures
- Surviving hostile environments
Click here for the full course agenda.