The training deals with the procedures to collect, analyze and evaluate spatial information for risk assessment from natural and human-induced hazards (such as geological hazard, hydro-meteorological hazards, environmental hazards and technological hazards). The training will guide you through the entire process of risk assessment, on the basis of a case study of a city exposed to multiple hazards, in a developing country (RiskCity). Also, a number of case studies are used in Europe (Italy, France), China, and Georgia.
- Understand the concepts of hazard assessment, elements at risk mapping, vulnerability assessment, and risk assessment;
- Formulate the spatial data requirements for risk assessment;
- Generate elements at risk database using GIS;
- Formulate the requirements of hazard data and methods;
- Apply various methods for vulnerability assessment;
- Generate risk maps using qualitative and quantitative methods;
- Have insight into how a risk assessment could be carried out in your own situation.