The course is comprehensive on grants management and fundraising, spanning the grants lifecycle from pre-award through grant closeout. The course provides the Federal, pass-through, and recipient workforces with the knowledge and skills they need to improve the program and public accountability, efficiency, and outcomes for beneficiaries.
Who should attend
Program managers, finance and non-finance managers, administrative staff of grant-receiving/ granting organizations, administrators, sub-recipients, or persons involved in grants related activities and responsibilities within an organization or civil society organisations. Anyone involved with the administration of grants or grant-funded programs.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will be able to;
- identify and understand the critical terms and conditions of grant aid for donor-funded projects;
- ensure compliance with donor terms and conditions;
- understand the donor requirements in relation to supporting documents, correct procurement of goods and services and meeting financial reporting requirements;
- manage multiple-funded programs;
- understand proposal writing, project planning, and problem analysis;
- prepare a donor financial report to match with a project narrative report;
- describe the phases in the grant management cycle clarify key responsibilities and routines needed for successful grant management;
- identify the requirements for closing off a donor grant;
- manage the relationship with donors, head office and implementing partners with greater confidence.