Training: Monitoring & Evaluation for Initiatives in Complex and Fast Moving Situations
10 – 12 September 2014 (Washington, D.C.) Intermediate level
About the course
The training covers essential methodologies of evaluation and applies them to conflict intervention, peace-building, and recovery initiatives. We cover challenges such as rudimentary plans, lack of information and complex implementation structures.
Who is the course for?
This training is intended for professionals who have already engaged in evaluations, or who have carried out work in or on unstable environments. Specific experience in conflict evaluation is not required.
What will you learn?
– Purpose, types and scope of peace building evaluation
– Evaluation criteria, Channel Researchs conflict mapping method, data collection methods and analysis
– Evaluation management
– Use and dissemination of evaluations
– Ethics in evaluation related to conflict prevention and peace building.
How will you benefit?
The course will give those commissioning or carrying out Monitoring and Evaluation:
– a better understanding of the fundamental concepts used in this field
– the ability to better allocate resources effectively including data collection, human resources and time, or use of the final products
– You will also have the opportunity to discuss your own projects and case studies.
For more information, course outline and application form: http://www.channelresearch.com/2014/03/me-in-complex-situations-2014/
About Channel Research:
Channel Research is a leading edge consultancy specializing in M&E and social impact evaluations in fragile and fast-changing situations.
For any questions, or if you wish to apply for this training, please do not hesitate to contact our training team at: email@example.com phone +32 2 633 65 29
Please do not hesitate to forward this information to your network.