Result based monitoring and evaluation helps observe the results achieved throughout the project term. This five-day course focuses on bringing in accountability of monitoring and evaluation for ensuring project completion on time within budgeted costs.
- Recognising the elements for the planning of monitoring and evaluation systems
- Identify national and firm projects and programs to be implemented
- Identify the different stakeholders and their roles
- Define key results and develop a logic model to show how they are connected
- Develop indicators and obtain data
- Design a system to gather, store, transmit and use information
- Anticipate and overcome challenges
- Identifying the critical attributes of well-formulated assumptions that can be monitored
- Plan a monitoring and evaluation instrument
- Develop evaluation questions that address stakeholders needs
- Effectively communicate monitoring and evaluation data
- Use the developed monitoring and evaluation for effective policy implementation
The training is intended for: project managers, project coordinators, senior project analysts, senior project officers, economists, policy planners, donor coordination officers, development consultants and officers and development project officers.