The course is designed to equip participants with gender mainstreaming skills for better management of community-based development programmes. The course will further provide participants with a concrete a step-by-step approach including hints and guidelines for developing and implementing a successful project from a gender-based perspective in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs.
In this course, several issues and problem areas of project management for innovation will be covered. Particular attention will be paid to delivering products and services with speed and quality. Special emphasis will be placed on the importance of the project users and how project management involves them.
The overall benefit of this course is to provide participants with skills for gender mainstreaming in design and implementation of successful projects. The course can be used to establish/strengthen gender mainstreaming strategies of project management policies and practices both in the public and private sector.
The training is meant for project managers, government officials, CBO operatives, NGO employees, UN staff and anyone involved in project management activities
At the end of the participants will be:
- familiar with the basic concepts of gender, project and program management;
- able to assure that gender is mainstreamed in the project cycle, in identification, formulation, monitoring, and evaluation;
- able to develop a theory of change;
- able to design project and programs, monitor and evaluate on gender equality;
- able to assess your organization on strengths and weakness for mainstreaming gender;
- leave with a personal action plan for mainstreaming gender in his/her programs and organisation.