The course provides an understanding of and practice in grant proposal writing for non-profits, foundations, and government agencies. Our online structured proposal writing course will show you how to write a proposal that gets funded. This distance learning course will teach you to prepare grants proposal effectively and find the best funding sources for your projects and non-profits.
The course is designed for both novice and experienced grant-seekers, it is a comprehensive, hands-on training that covers researching funding sources and writing award winning proposals. Other topics covered include: defining objectives, researching and getting to know the donor; how to develop a logic model; preparing budgets; and how to follow up with the donor. Further, the course will teach you how to use a standard proposal writing format, the most widely used in the world. During the course participants will search out funding sources and you will develop a proposal for your own organization or agency. Participants will leave this course with new skills and the ability to apply those skills to the needs of their own organisation and community.
- Module 1: Introduction to proposal writing
- Module 2: The request for proposal (RFP)
- Module 3: Program development and planning
- Module 4: Developing a logic model
- Module 5: The six-point guideline and strategy for winning a proposal
- Module 6: The building blocks of a proposal
- Module 7: Packaging and submitting the proposal